Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oh, the withdrawals!!

The last few days, I've been in that mood. Yes, I'm sure you know the one I'm talking about. The mood where all you can do is wish to be there. When all you want to do is watch or listen to something that reminds you of being there. Yeah, you've got it.

I've been stuck in a Walt Disney World kind of mood.

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but as a child I was spoiled by parents that--due to some very convenient family connections--took me to Disney World every summer (that's the one in Florida, for you non-Disney World know-it-all's). After getting older, however, and making my summer's busier and busier I've unfortunately had to stray from my annual trip. After 11 visits, though, too much time away starts leading to withdrawals. It has been three years since I've been to the park and I'm not sure I can last much longer....I was almost there in January, but alas, no luck. The only thing we could squeeze in this year was tea at the Grand Floridian Resort, shopping at Disney Village (oops, I mean Downtown Disney!) and a ride on the monorail...so close!

In honor of my withdrawals, however, I have been listening to a Disney parks podcast--Netcot (Internet Community of Tomorrow--like Epcot!)--and learning a bunch of new things about the parks including, but not limited to: best restaurants, best places to cool off, best places to propose, best places to break up, and best places to make-out. Yes, those last two are for serious.

Additionally, in my wallowing because of separation from the great mouse, I have realized that I hardcore need to expand my Disney movie collection because it is pathetic. While at one time I had a large majority of the animated classics on VHS, they have since gone and now I need to do a repop with DVDs. For anyone wishing to help me out (Ebay has a great selection!), here is the list of the ones I want in order of how badly I would like them:

1. Aladdin
1. Beauty and the Beast
1. The Lion King
2. Pocahontas**
3. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
4. Toy Story
5. Mulan
6. The Little Mermaid
7. Tarzan
8. Oliver and Company
9. A Goofy Movie
10 and down (these are in no order, I just want them eventually!)
-The Great Mouse Detective
-A Bug's Life
-Finding Nemo
-Toy Story 2
-The Fox and the Hound
-The Rescuers
-The Rescuers Down Under
-Pete's Dragon
-Robin Hood
-The Aristocats
-The Jungle Book
-Mary Poppins
-The Sword and the Stone
-101 Dalmations
-Sleeping Beauty
-Lady and the Tramp
-Peter Pan
-Alice in Wonderland
-Cinderella
-Bambi
-Dumbo
-Pinocchio
-Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
-any of the Disney Sing Along Songs videos (yes, I'm not kidding)
-The Incredibles

You may have noticed that I left the majority of the live action ones from the 60s out, but since I only liked a few of them (i.e. Pollyanna and the Parent Trap) I decided to omit them until I obtain the rest of this list :) You also may have noticed that The Lion King, Aladdin, and Beauty and the Beast are all number one. Yes. I want them that bad. For those really paying attention, you might have even noticed that I left off Hercules and the Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2, & 3. Good eye! I already have them. :)

If you think I forgot any others--let me know! Other than that, though, I think I've rambled enough for one day. Later gators!

**I got it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment