Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Busy, Busy...Dizzy!

Oh my goodness, is it really April?! Again, we're heading into one of those months where craziness is never lacking...

For the past two weeks and for the upcoming two, I have managed to add one more thing to my plate by joining the NAMA (National Agri-Marketing Association) presentation team which competes in Atlanta two weeks from today (eek!). We are marketing a dairy product that makes removing hoof wraps easy as pie and, let me just say, it is pretty awesome! Still, this new committment means daily 2 hour practices running through our presentation and making our PowerPoint perfect. Then, there's practice presentations to Michigan Farm Bureau and GreenStone Farm Credit Services...all this week :) Don't get me wrong, I'm totally pumped for the team (and going to Atlanta!!) but I've definitely got to stay on my toes!

In the next few weeks, I'm going to be working on putting together my class schedule for next year. Good news--probably only 16 credits per semester! I have decided, though, to stay at MSU for the next two years, try to to make the judging team, and finish my coursework without stressing out too much. Sorry to all of you out west who thought I might be joining you in the sunshine!

Speaking of judging team, I additionally just got word today that practices for a trip to Utah will begin next week. So, now every Thursday afternoon plus a couple Saturdays for the next month will consist of being in the barns looking at cows and working on honing my somewhat rusty oral reasons skills. Nothing like more activities on the calendar!

After NAMA national convention (as in THE DAY I get back), Block and Bridle will be holding their annual livestock judging contest at MSU's Livestock Pavilion--an event that I'm co-chairing! If you want to help or have a team, give me a holler! The contest will be Sunday, April 19th and will start at 10:00am (registration at 9:00am). Everyone else, feel free to come and watch :)

To back all of that up, I have 18 credits worth of classes, work, Collegiate FFA, and a boyfriend to keep me busy. But, then again, who doesn't?

Hope everyone's April is off to as good of a start as mine...over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment